As the campus resumes activity, all members of the University community will be expected to adopt new precautions, developed by our working groups, as a minimum requirement for returning to campus:
Public Health Requirements:
- Please remember that we are still in a dynamic COVID-19 environment. Required protocols will help us achieve our goal of providing a safe environment for our entire campus community. Click here to view a description of the Required Health Protocols (Universal Face Coverings, Hygiene, Social Distancing, Restrictions on Gatherings, Self-Monitoring.)
- ISOLATION guidance can be found on the UChicago Forward website for those living on and off campus
Reporting COVID-19 concerns:
- Any COVID-19 safety-related incidents or concerns are to be reported at the University Accident/Incident Report System (UCAIR).
- Any faculty, academic appointee, postdoctoral researcher, or staff member who is experiencing symptoms or has been identified as a close contact may call the UChicago Medicine COVID-19 triage hotline for screening, at 773.702.2800. Students should call UChicago Student Wellness at 773.834.WELL. For additional information please refer to Protocol for COVID-19 Exposures.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 should not come to campus for at least 10 days AND must be symptom-free for an additional 72 hours before returning to work. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 and has been in a University owned or operated facility must contact C19HealthReport@uchicago.edu so that the health and safety of others in our facilities can be addressed.
Training: Click here
Travel: The University is continuing the suspension of University-sponsored international and domestic travel until further notice due to COVID-19. In addition, non-essential personal travel is strongly discouraged. Any member of the University community who chooses to travel must follow local guidelines for quarantining and other COVID-19 measures at the destination and upon their return to Chicago. Exceptions will be granted only in limited, compelling circumstances. Click here for more information